|International Debut||ODI- 18 August 2008 against Sri Lanka at Dambulla
Test- 20 June 2011 against West Indies at Kingston
T20 – 12 June 2010 against Zimbabwe at Harare
|Jersey Number||#18 (India)
|Domestic/State Team||Delhi, India Red, Royal Challengers Bangalore|
|Nature on field||Very Aggressive|
|Likes to play against||Pakistan, Australia|
|Favourite Shot||Cover Drive, Flick Shot|
|Records (main ones)||• First Indian to score a century on World Cup debut (2011).
• Third Indian to make 2 ODI hundreds by the age of 22 (after Sachin Tendulkar & Suresh Raina).
• Fastest Indian to complete 1000, 3000, 4000, and 5000 runs in ODI cricket.
• Fastest century by an Indian (of 52 balls against Australia at Jaipur, India in 2013).
• Fastest to score 25 ODI tons.
• Fastest to reach 7,500 ODI runs.
• The third player to score 3 double hundreds in a calendar year after Don Bradman and Ricky Ponting.
• Shares the record of 4 double hundreds with the like of Don Bradman, Graeme Smith, Michael Clarke.
• First Indian skipper to register 9 Test wins in a calendar year.
• First Indian skipper to register 5 successive Test series wins.
• First Indian to aggregate over 1000 Test runs in a calendar year after Rahul Dravid, who made 1145 runs in 2011.
• The highest score of 235 in Tests is the highest score by an Indian captain in Tests.
• First Indian Test skipper to score a double century in an overseas Test.
• Most runs in IPL in a single season (973 runs in IPL 9-2016).
• Most hundreds in IPL in a year (4).
|Career Turning Point||When he captained India’s victorious 2008 World Cup Under-19 side in Malaysia.|
To know more facts about Virat Kohli, Go to the next page…